Learn more about mens coaching.
Hi. We’re Mike Sagun and Chris Wilson.
We don’t only teach emotional awareness – we work on it every day in our business and our relationship as best friends and business partners. Learn more about men’s coaching with us and schedule a 15 min intro call with Mike.
We believe that you are the expert on your own embodied emotional awareness. Nobody else is better than you. Emotions are highly subjective. And if you can learn to report on them accurately for yourself – then you are the best person to do research on your emotions.
When men feel safe, relaxed, open and connected, they are capable of experiencing a wide spectrum of emotions unrelated to culture, gender, sexual orientation or identity.
- We believe it takes vulnerability and courage to and express ourselves fully.
- We believe all men deserve to be seen and heard.
- We believe all men deserve a life of fulfillment.
Hi. I’m Mike Sagun.
Mike Sagun is the co-founder of The Unshakable Man. He is a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC), facilitator, and speaker. He works with companies like Dropbox, Google, LinkedIn, Kaiser Permanente, Kumu, Saje Wellness, and EVRYMAN. Before founding The Unshakable Man, Mike spent 10 years as a teaching artist, educating and coaching young people to make healthier choices for their lives. He’s spoken on stage with TEDx and TFCU. When he’s not coaching, facilitating, or speaking, you can find him leading men at retreats and EVRYMAN men’s group. Schedule a 15 min intro call with Mike.
Hi. I’m Chris Wilson.
Chris Wilson is a true self-directed learner. He loves helping men in the Unshakable Man Program stay accountable and build healthy habits to reach their goals by implementing what they learn from the program in their real life. He relies on his experience from three main areas of his life to assist men in the program. He did not go to college. Instead he trained and raced triathlons and cycling at a National Team level. He later excelled in sales for 7 years where he discovered the value of effective social and emotional training. And finally, he has a certification in behavior modification coaching from the B.J. Fogg Tiny Habit Academy and is a professional public speaking instructor with Magnetic Speaking in San Francisco.
The Unshakable Man Lifestyle
The Unshakable Man lifestyle is focused on life long learning and men’s total health and wellness. All of our content and our 8-week men’s program are designed to help men deconstruct and re-build their lives so they can live with confidence and purpose.
What is an Unshakable Man
Anyone who is capable of relaxing, opening and connecting to their life and relationships – to take responsibility for their life and situation, to take ownership of their story, to develop their emotional awareness, to connect with their purpose at this point in their life, to generate motivation to achieve their dreams. And finally to live their life NOW – integrating the 8 pillars of the Unshakable Man – showing all who cross their path how to be an unshakable man.
8 Pillars of The Unshakable Man (PDF)
The Unshakable Man Program
The unshakable man program is an 8-week emotional awareness training designed to be a milestone event during a man’s mid life stage. Like many rights of passage this program acts as an ending and a beginning for a man to start a new stage of his life and awareness. Men who get the most out of the program are usually:
- Between the ages of 27 and 37
- Have their needs of safety, security and basic income intact.
- Have made a personal choice to take ownership of their life
- Have begun their own self-directed learning journey
- Are seeking more structure to guide their self-directed learning process
- Want to recognize and make a series of specific changes in their life
3 Graduates of the program
The Program Process & 8 Stages
The The Unshakable Man Program process guides a man through 8 stages over 8 to 16 weeks depending on his own pace of self exploration. After each stage he passes a check-point where he reviews, reflects and challenges what he’s discovered with expert coach Mike Sagun. The 8 stage process is based on the 8 Pillars of the Unshakable Man:
- Pillar 1 / week 1 = Breathwork. The man is trained to use breathwork to relax, open and connect to his embodied emotional awareness and to recognize his own container of calm, cool, collected presence. This is our home base, our dojo and the basics that we must routinely return to in order to do this work.
- Pillar 2 / week 2 = Discipline. The man is challenged on his relationship with self-discipline. Where did his concept of discipline come from and what forms of self-discipline work for him personally. With awareness, practice and behavioral training a man can learn to make constructive choices and increase his level of self discipline.
- Pillar 3 / week 3 = Story. The man is asked to tell his story and to challenge his perspective on major concrete life events to form a constructive past positive point of reference for each of his major milestone events that matter to him. One of the most enduring functions of narrative is catharsis. Yet – if we tell a destructive story the inverse is true and we may be stuck in a vicious cycle rather than creating a virtuous cycle from that propels a man forward.
- Pillar 4 / week 4 = Emotions. Emotions are literally – how we experience our world from inside our minds and bodies. We are not our emotions. Our emotions are signals. If a man is trained to experience his wider emotional spectrum he is in turn training himself to experience a wider spectrum of life. This is the transition to building a stronger more nuanced relationship with his own sense of self as well as all of his important relationships in life.
- Pillar 5 / week 5 = Values. Knowing what your core values are can be tricky. At this stage a man is asked to back into his values by starting with what he is proud of in his past, what brings him joy and what shaped him to be the man he is today. Then he is asked to explain his reason for each of these points of reference. What he values can be found in his answers and how he explains his reasons for picking. And finally the act of labeling and confronting how a man is living up to these values provides a measure of his dreamer differential.
- Pillar 6 / week 6 = Purpose. A mans purpose is the result of four life forces working together to bake your passion, mission, profession and vocation into a cake all for your own. These four forces or design constraints are: that which you are good at, that which you love to do, that which the world needs, and that which you can be paid for. You can live at any level of purpose in your life, but your values and measure of integrity will decide the level of purpose you stay at.
- Pillar 7 / week 7 = Motivation. The first thing you need to know about motivation is that you do not have motivation. You generate motivation. Motivation is generated through a combination of two things: ambition and expectancy. Your level of ambition is driven by the size of and your relationship with your dreams and aspirations. And expectancy is the belief that you can do it and that “this will happen” deep in your gut. You increase your ambition and expectancy. And you align your actions, behaviors, and environment to trigger motivation when you need it.
- Pillar 8 / week 8 = Integration. The final pillar is your life process of integration. You are the artist, creator, teacher, parent, athlete, warrior and entrepreneur of your own life. All of these archetypes have a process that they use to be who they are and to get the results they want. You will use three primary practices to integrate the pillars in your life: 1) you will create and use milestones to structure your own beginning, end and therefore middle of your process, 2) you will develop a self directed learning mindset of non-judgmental awareness that allows you to ask important questions of yourself and to listen to difficult answers, and 3) you will look down at your feet – your next step – to practice small imperfect actions and rely on trial-and-error to make progress one day at time.
Next Step… A 15 min phone call.
Request a call back from Mike Sagun and schedule a 15 min intro chat.
No matter where you are in your journey:
- If you have questions about any of the content we’ve created.
- If you want to explore your options.
- If you want to make a big change (maybe join the program)
- If you want to ask about the program
- If you want to ask about coaching
It all starts with a single 15 min phone call as an introduction. Then depending on your goals, plans, challenges, needs and wants we will either provide a clear next step for you, point out additional resources from our archive or offer you a much deeper free breakthrough call that we offer as a sample of the work to those that are a good fit for the program.
Schedule a 15 min intro chat within 2 weeks.